- Project registration number: CZ.1.05/3.2.00/12.0232
- Name of operational program: OP Výzkum a vývoj pro inovace
- Project name: STMfull: full-text databases for research and development
- Beneficiary: Tomas Bata University in Zlín
- Project starting date: March 1, 2013
- Total eligible costs: 55 073 092 CZK
- Structural fund: 46 812 128 CZK
- State budget: 8 260 964 CZK
- Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v.v.i.
- University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
- Masaryk University in Brno
- Mendel University in Brno
- Moravian-Silesian Research Library in Ostrava (SVK)
- Education and Research Library of the Pilsen Region
- Technical University in Liberec
- University of Hradec Králové
- Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
- Palacký University Olomouc
- University of Pardubice
- Global Change Research Centre of the ASCR, v.v.i.
- Institute of Scientific Instruments of the ASCR, v.v.i.
- VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava
- Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice
- Brno University of Technology
- University of West Bohemia in Plzeň
The main goal of the project is to use quality information resources to provide optimal conditions for the development of activities in the field of Research and Development in the Czech Republic. In particular, the following STM areas will be supported:
- molecular biology,
- energy sources,
- material research
with extension into wider areas of chemistry and chemical technologies.
Supporting the work of scientists, researchers and research teams from all participating organizations will help produce better academic and research outputs and thus contribute to improving the competitiveness and applicability of Czech sciences in an international context.
Specific objectives of the project:
- Make full-text scientific information resources available (make prestigious collections of EIR available to the scientific community and the wider public. Emphasis will be given to full text availability of resources. The project aims to ensure access to information resources in the listed branches of science and to create conditions for good science and research results through a careful choice of collections.)
- Support access to and sharing of resources for the wide professional public (by involving research libraries and via even geographical distribution of participating institutions in the whole Czech Republic with the exception of Prague and with the total number of users served higher than 250,000)
- Technical support of effective use of electronic information resources (using a modern and user-friendly environment, including continuous availability from anywhere at any time).
- Information support of effective use of the electronic information resources (using professional information support and a thorough promotion of project results)
Key outcomes and results of the defined objectives
- Access to the ProQuest STM Package full-text database for the beneficiary and its and partners (18 institutions)
- Acquired databases available to the beneficiary and all partners of the project (18 institutions)
- A working Discovery System with a central index for modern access to information resources
- Organization of workshops and trainings for the project team
- Organization of trainings for libraries and users of the project partners
- Project website